dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

resolved

I am in love with Greek yogurt. It's at Trader Joe's. The screwy thing is that the plain nonfat is the same color and shape container as the plain whole milk. So I was trying to buy the nonfat and got the whole milk on accident. I kid you not when I say that one serving of the whole milk yogurt has 20 grams of fat in it! What the? Anyway, I thought: I bought it, I might as well eat it. And it's so good. It transcends yogurt and enters some other realm, and the only thing I could compare it to is cheese. It reminds me of ricotta cheese. I put a bunch of honey in it. And I'm eating only a little bit at a time. It's my dessert of the day.

Yesterday I saw my friend A for tea, not the A who lives far away, but the one who lives in Sacramento. She's the mom of my mechanic. She's a birder and smokes and reads a great deal. She loves dogs. She's an introvert like me and a very good listener. We talked about medication, friends, writing.

Erik triumphed over the router. Did I tell you he shaved off his beard? He looks so young, now. He looks about 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home