dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Story of Stuff

My friend Dan encouraged me to see this movie, and I encourage you to see it too. It's only 20 minutes and did not make me cry.

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

It puts consumerism into perspective, shows where it comes from and how it's perpetuated, tells about use of resources and toxins, tells about true costs. It's really good to learn these facts and be reminded of important ideas. I want to live a life that's not about buying things.

2 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2008 9:49 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    Milagro del internet! Laura-Marie!!! I was quoting you on my blog (I haven't even finished the post yet) and I googled you. I am so happy to find you.

    Oh, it's me, Suebob, of the SLO poetry scene of, what, 1995? I will put you in my feed reader.

     
  • At March 12, 2008 10:05 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Holy Moses! Thank you for finding me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home