dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, March 08, 2008

procrastinating

Last night at samiti--first of all, I got a good parking place. It was a smart idea to come early. There's a very old woman named W who has been staying at P's house. So she was there. And a little boy who lives upstairs was visiting. So I walked into a busy place. He showed us stuffed animals and a toy car. He said I could play with the car.

M gave me Indian clothes--a dress, a long matching scarf, and some strange pants. It's salwar kameez. I really like it. Mine is shades of orange. It's made of synthetic material. It actually fits, which was a big surprise--but it's a little tighter on the belly than I would like. Maybe I'll get Erik to take a picture of me wearing it. Now all I need is a nosering.

The car ended up costing us $150. Something happened to the driver's side brake caliper. A piston leaked? Which caused something to turn? It's pretty upsetting to have this happen just a week after the brakes were fixed. We ended up getting it towed through AAA--it was a mile over our allowance, so we had to pay ten bucks for that. I can't believe the allowance is only five miles.

I've scored very little SAT so far. Erik's been working nine hour days. Almost all the zines are bound. Now it's time to start writing letters. Yesterday I wrote an important letter to one of my oldest friends G. He lives in Scotland and teaches philosophy at the University of Glasgow (crap--I spelled Glasgow wrong on the envelope--I spelled it Glascow). He was my teacher at UCSB when I was thirteen. I'm so far away from the world of philosophy now.

Yesterday afternoon I met with my caseworker to do the fee waiver form. For some reason, she had us fill it out in the lobby. She seemed to be in a big rush. I asked her about changing my medications back to generic, and she said only my doctor could do that. The problem is that I don't have an appointment set up with my doctor. His schedule isn't in the computer yet, whatever that means. So I think it will be a long time before I can get new prescriptions.

At samiti last night V told us stories about Shiva. They were very funny and engrossing. She told us about Shiva's first wife Sati and how when she died Shiva carried her body around for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home