dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, September 07, 2008

birds, cookies

This morning I skipped church--we went to the bird refuge. I wrote a letter to my cousin who's in prison. Erik wrote haiku. We listened to lots of blackbirds.

Then we went to the Davis co-op. I have a tradition of buying Russian teacakes there, but now that we're vegan...I'm sure the Russian teacakes are made with butter. So I bought some organic powdered sugar and plan to make Mexican wedding cakes myself.

We also got gluten flower for making more seitan. And I got a big vegan lemon poppyseed cookie made by Alternative Baking Company--it was very good (but expensive).

We were planning on going to Berkeley on Tuesday, but now we're reconsidering because our budget is getting tighter now that the summer is drawing to close. The first SAT session doesn't start until October 9th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home