dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

presents

Today Erik gave me my birthday present, which is an alto recorder and beginner's book. The recorder was $30. It's plastic, a Yamaha, and seems very well made. I gave myself my first lesson today, and it went just fine. I can play a scale. I played some little beginner's tunes. I like the alto recorder's sound. I think it suits me more than a soprano would.

Then we went to a park we had been to only once before: Land Park, by the zoo. We walked around a pond twice then sat on a bench for a while. Today it was super pleasant out, nice and windy, not hot at all. We read a letter sent to us by our friend M in Brooklyn. It made me feel loved and understood. He also gave us a present, but I couldn't figure out if it was for both of us or just me: it's a journal, unlined pages, spiral bound, and it says SISTERS on the front. Just last night I finished reading M's book and wrote him a letter about it, so he's been on my mind.

At the park we got close to Canada geese. I think they're beautiful.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home