dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

full day

This morning at ten I saw my friend A. I gave her five copies of the latest zine because it has her essay in it and I thought she might like to give some to friends. It was good to talk together about our lives. I like seeing her more frequently. She kissed my cheek when she hugged me goodbye.

Then at noon Erik and I went to a free concert downtown. It was from noon to one, just right for my attention span. It was Baroque music: there were two recorders, a viola da gamba, and a harpsichord. Usually I don't like harpsichord, but I guess it's different in real life.

At two I had therapy. I spoke more quietly than usual. After therapy, I got my medication from the smiling nurse.

Then at four I met R so he could train me on how to enter book data into the library computer at Vedanta. It's pretty easy. (Note to myself: We enter author, title, publisher, place of publication, date, number of pages, and subject.) I plan to go work an hour most mornings. But tomorrow afternoon is my first day back at the bookstore after summer recess. I was hoping Swami would have found a replacement for me by now. Sad face.

Tonight I practiced recorder. My mouth is getting stronger, my hands are learning where to be, and my mind is learning notes. I guess that's simplistic. Everything's working together and learning together. It feels good to have something new to do. It feels meaningful. I hope eventually to be good enough to join the recorder society and make new friends. But even if I just play on my own, I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home