dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, September 12, 2008

happy Friday

Yesterday Erik and I went downtown to meet with another Sacramento zinester. She makes a zine called Dreaming of Donuts or something along those lines: it's a comics zine. I was so happy to meet her, but she forgot to bring me her zine. (She's going to send it to me in the mail.) We met at her workplace, Luna's cafe. It was good to talk with her though I am shy. Erik said almost nothing. She comes from Sacramento and is younger than I am, though I'm not sure by how much. She has piercings and seems punk, which I am not, and I was concerned she would find me very square. But she brought up a vegan benefit dinner she might be putting together, so I mentioned that Erik and I are going vegan, and she liked that. Yeah, not only do we have a car, but we have two. We are very square.

Then in the afternoon I had my first shift at Vedanta's bookstore since summer recess. I didn't like it. In a way I enjoy being there because I'm mostly alone and just read and write the whole time. But I feel so anxious about making a mistake. I worry that this afternoon I'll get a call saying I made some terrible mistake.

This morning I'm going to Vedanta to work in the library, doing data entry, which I was trained on the other day by R. It's getting info off the card catalog cards and putting it into the computer. I don't know how long I'll last. The library chairs are uncomfortable, but I'm hoping about an hour.

Well, I would like to wish a happy Friday to the friends of mine who work Monday through Friday jobs--I hope your weekend is full of joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home