dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, September 04, 2008

park day

Today I got an email from my friend P that upset me a lot. He questioned me about my suggestion that he should write out most of the numbers. I did some research and found a site online that pretty much explained my rationale. In his next email, he continued to challenge me, and I feel crushed and frustrated. My feelings don't match the situation very well. I think I'm still freaked out about the the bs that happened at the bookstore, and I'm very insecure about my abilities as a worker.

The bottom line is that I'll do it however we wants. If he wants to write out only numbers zero through nine and do all the rest numerically, that's fine with me--it's actually easier that way--I just need to know what he wants.

Today my friend A came to visit with her husband and kids. We went out to lunch at the Indian place we like. The food seemed spicier than usual. We had a nice time, shared some laughs. I can't remember now what we were laughing about. Sleepy. Then we went to the park. It was hot. We had some good times there too. I liked when the kids played close to us. I was playing with a stick that had lichen growing on it. I did the thing where you put a blade of grass between your thumbs and blow and it makes a loud sound. I hadn't done that in a long time. I kind of liked talking to this woman who was an aunt to the little kids she was watching--she had a shaved head, and she wore a hat covered in buttons with messages on them. I wanted to read her buttons, but I wasn't able to read even one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home