dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 08, 2009

forever is a long time

Today I've been cleaning my desk and dealing with the things I find there. For example, someone sent me a mental health zine and letter back in November, and the zine is vulnerable, and the letter is too, and she really should have heard back from me right away, but the zine and letter got buried on my desk. The holidays happened. So I wrote back to her this afternoon.

I've also been using a site called Postal Traffic made by my friend sinoun. She's the same person who runs The Trading Network. Postal Traffic is a great way to get a receive mail from other mail-lovers around the world. Well, so far I think it's just the US and Britain, but it's still new. It's based on another website for random mailings called postcardx that got all hacked.

So I've gathered up things to send strangers, written a letter or two--fun stuff. About my desk, I've conquered the pile on the left, but there's still the pile on the right. So wish me luck. But I need to go out now, to get some meds and send some mail and I think one other thing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home