dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fair Oaks

I had been feeling cooped up. So after choir practice we went to a vegetarian restaurant called Sunflower--it was my second time there and Erik's first. We got tasty food and ate it at the park. This was in Fair Oaks--in Fair Oaks, there are lots of feral chickens, so at the park, we saw seven or so, and at one point they were surrounding us at our picnic table. I love to watch them and listen to them cluck. Then we went for a long walk on a bridge across the river and on the bluffs and through a small woods and then in a neighborhood, where we looked at houses and yards and flowers. This was just the stimulation I needed, so it was a super fun afternoon.

In the evening when we got home there was some mail waiting for us. I received a letter from my friend H who lives in Sacramento--she's a zinester and makes Dreams of Donuts. I also got a zine from someone named Byrd the Starfish--haven't read it yet. Our friend J on the East Coast sent us a gift subscription to a music magazine called Paste, and it arrived--it includes a CD, so we listened to that. I wrote back to H.

This morning Erik left for hiking at 8, and I slept in until 9:30, so church wasn't even an option, but I haven't been going Sunday mornings--I've been going to choir practice and pujas only.

Tomorrow is a day we've set aside for doing things we don't want to do: taxes, additional Medi-Cal forms, oil change--I need to call county about a bill. I don't know whether we'll get it all done.

Then Tuesday we're supposed to go to San Francisco to see my penpal S from Australia--she's visiting, and she's supposed to call me so we can talk about it, but I haven't heard from her yet--maybe she'll call tomorrow. Erik loves San Francisco but is not so keen on going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home