dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, December 21, 2009

holiday busy

Today we went out in the afternoon. I finished my Christmas shopping. I wanted to get my dad's gift kind of last minute so it would be fresh. We went to Cost Plus World Market for Dad's gift, Best Buy for CD-Rs so I could make a CD for someone, a walk at the park, the library. Also we went to the post office, which of course was a madhouse, but the line moved okay. I needed to pick up a package that wouldn't fit in the mail box. They tried delivering it twice and threatened that if I didn't come get it at the post office, they would return to sender on December 24th. So I felt I had no choice. Erik had trouble parking. The lot was full. I kind of hate my post office. I figured while I was there I might as well buy some 98 cent stamps (for sending letters overseas).

In the morning I wrote a couple long emails I wanted to send before Christmas. And in the afternoon I burned that CD and wrapped what few presents I bought. Then I baked / cooked. On twitter today I noted that I made four new recipes in two days. That must be a record for me. Cooking makes me happy.

I never finished Christmas cards--I sent most but not all. I figure I can send them late and they'll be New Years cards or just let it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home