dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, December 20, 2009

mushroom masala

Today for lunch I made the super-delicious mushroom curry that I linked to last post. It turned out perfect, all I'd hoped. Here's how I made it.

olive oil
box of mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
two small onions, diced small
two inches ginger, gated
about eight cloves of garlic, pressed
2 tbsp tomato paste mixed with 1/2 cup water
about three fourths of a large diced bell pepper
half a can of garbanzo beans
1 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp garam massala
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp ancho chili powder
salt

Saute the onions in olive oil until they're about done. Add the garlic and ginger--saute. Add the spices and salt--saute. Add the tomato paste mixture. Add the mushrooms and bell pepper and enough water to make it wet. Add the garbanzo beans. Simmer for about 10 minutes? Until the veggies are done. Serve with rice!

Erik liked how the mushrooms were whole. I would have cut them in half next time if he didn't say he liked that. I don't normally enjoy bell pepper much, but this was just perfect. Will definitely make it again! Want to double it next time. And it's really good for you too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home