dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

peace walk day four

Ming's helping people with blisters.  I'm blogging, apparently.  Today was the Peaceover Seder, and it was good but I had a lot of feelings about it.  Like someone said we should call out the names of ancestors and people who we wished were here.  I almost cried then.  Peace walking is emotional.  The veggie matzo ball soup was delicious.

Someone said goodbye to us today.  She had to go home to New York early.  She was crying a lot and gave me a long, cuddly hug.  I love her, but I barely know her.  That's what peace walking is like.   She was full of enthusiasm, and I heard her exclaim joyfully about many things.  I will miss her.

This morning we vigiled at Creech Air Force Base where pilots fly drones.  The drones kill people.  It's wrong.  There are civilian casualties, civcas.  My friends got arrested.  I was concerned for them.  Another friend was not arrested but talked to a cop who was riding a horse.  They had a good conversation, I heard later.  I was worried about him with the love of a relative.  Peace walking is splendid that way.

They staged a die in.  Someone had a pretend drone and went around pretending to kill the others.  They fell to the ground.  Then other activists drew chalk outlines around the bodies.  It was a great performance.  The Native American spiritual person and his friends drummed loudly.  It was a climactic few moments.  I had mixed emotions.  I was happy and worried at the same time.

There's so much more I could say, but it's hard to explain, especially when I'm in a livingroom of a guesthouse at a Goddess temple and everyone's talking.  So bye for now!

Oh, I wanted to say I was scared of cops, I was scared of the military photographer, I don't like being flipped off, but someone told me it's halfway to a peace sign, the one-fingered salute.  Tomorrow we walk more, and Friday more of us will get arrested.  Will I be one of them?  Tune in on Friday night to find out.

2 Comments:

  • At March 29, 2013 4:23 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    I'll try to remember that about the finger being halfway to a peace sign the next time someone flips me off.

    Thanks for sharing these updates. I'm sending good thoughts your way!

     
  • At March 31, 2013 7:50 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi, Mandy. Thanks for your good thoughts and for your comment. Happy Easter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home