dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, August 15, 2013

my verdict on Canada

We went to the lake and beheld it.  It's truly beautiful.  But it was raining.  We slept in BOB and talked for a long time.  I ate some onion crackers and sweet potato tortilla chips. 

Now we're at the library again.

My opinions on Vancouver: the people are more polite than any I have encountered elsewhere--thanking the bus driver, asking us if we were lost when we pulled out a map, helping us figure out the bus schedule.

Vancouver's mostly white and Asian-Canadian people.  I like the two dollar coins.  I like the accents.

At Stanley Park yesterday we hung out by the totem poles, and I was trying to figure out how I felt about them.  I like them, but they're not for me.  I feel like I'm not the intended audience. 

That's kind of how I feel about Canada too, or what little we've seen.  I appreciate United Statesians more than ever.  But I feel restless about it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home