dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, September 06, 2008

new flavors

This morning we went for a walk then to Whole Foods for water and a few other things. I picked up some new flavors of soy yogurt: key lime, black cherry, vanilla. I got a container of plain for if I want to try making soy yogurt. One of the websites I read said they couldn't get it to work using plain soy yogurt from the store, but I figure that will be the cheapest way to try. Also, I could cheat and use dairy yogurt as my starter. We're only home vegans after all. One container of plain dairy yogurt isn't going to make much difference in the scheme of things.

At noon I had choir practice. I talked to R beforehand. I think he and I are both curious about one another. Choir practice was fine. We're doing Mahishasura, which is not my favorite song, but it's not grating on me as badly as it did last year. I got a little distance from it.

This afternoon we were thinking about going to a free performance downtown by the San Francisco Mime Troupe, but it was at a park, and it's really hot today. We decided to skip it. We made seitan instead. It's simmering in the pot right now.

I got a phone call from my friend P about some spur of the moment editing work. He wrote a bio for the person that the last interview was with, and he needed some editing help. He told me to work on it for an hour. At first I thought it was too little work to last me an hour, but I found a really important typo about 45 minutes in. He wants me to send it to him bright and early tomorrow morning. So I'll give it a final look over tomorrow morning before sending it to him.

I sent out another wave of zines today. I think I have one wave left.

Erik found out that Sacramento has the largest public archive of haiku-related materials outside Japan. What a coincidence, huh? Erik has been writing haiku every day for a couple months now.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home