dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 11, 2008

every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

I noticed that under where my computer chair goes, there's a worn spot on the carpet, like a hole. It really alarmed me because I don't know how much trouble we'll be in for that when it's time to move. So today we went to the office supply store to get one of those plastic mats to protect the carpet. It cost $25, which we think is a lot. We were prepared to pay $20.

Then we went for a walk at Howe Park. We walked until dusk. Then we came home and watched part two of the Lord Peter Wimsey / Harriet Vane mystery we have checked out from the library. It's excellent. I have no idea who did it.

Now Erik's reading news and eating tomato soup. I would read, but I'm in a not-reading phase. I should reply to some letters, but I can't be bothered. I only want to write to people who haven't written to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home