dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, January 08, 2009

rice salad with sun dried tomatoes

I have rice, and I have sun dried tomatoes my parents got us from Costco, a big jar full, so I looked for a recipe that uses both, and I found this recipe. I don't think I want beans in it, so I'll try just sauteed onions, half a cup of lemon juice, some olive oil, salt and pepper.... I never have fresh parsley, so that's out too. Maybe it will be good without. Oh, and I don't like capers.

3 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2009 5:57 AM, Blogger Claus said…

    I learned something new. I learned what capers are. Those are called "alcaparras" in Spanish, barely used in Guatemalan dishes. The one thing I have heard some use it in is in Guatemalan tamales, usually prepared for Christmas. I wouldn't use it in that salad either, though I would add the parsley; I think it goes well with tomatoes. The salad sounds delicious.

     
  • At January 09, 2009 10:11 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Yes, I would add the fresh parsley if I had some, but I don't think I'll buy some for this dish. Do you have a parsley plant?

     
  • At January 12, 2009 5:51 AM, Blogger Claus said…

    I do as a matter of fact. Needs lots of sun and plenty of water.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home