dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, March 15, 2009

no entry

I wish I was the kind of person who knew how to use her cell phone to take a picture and then get the picture onto her computer for a blog post, because I wish I had a picture to show you of what I encountered today on my usual walk. I always go down Arden to the Catholic church, through their parking lot and into an alley, through the alley and into a smallish housing development that's nice and quiet (except for that one time I almost got attacked by a little dog). Well, today I got to the smallish housing development, and there was a big Neighborhood Watch sign up! And tacked next to the big Neighborhood Watch sign were some smaller signs saying "No trespassing" and "No soliciting" and "Private property"! Can you believe it? So I turned around and left. I don't see how it can really be private property--it's not a private road--it's a county road, as far as I can see, and I don't understand how they can say they own the sidewalk. So I feel indignant and angry--walking through a smallish housing development is not a crime! I wonder what happened to trigger the putting up of this sign. At any rate, it gives me a yuckie feeling inside, and I'm frustrated because it's so hard finding a place to walk around here! Alta Arden is a busy road with no sidewalk--they're busy roads, around here. I wish this part of Sacramento wasn't so car-centric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home