dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

vegan sweet potato chocolate chip cookies

I had this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but one time I made it with canned sweet potato instead of canned pumpkin. Today I made it with fresh sweet potato, and it turned out great!

Here are the ingredients I used this time.

cup mashed sweet potato
cup vegan sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg replacement
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
tbsp vanilla
a little soymilk
cup vegan chocolate chips
cup broken up walnuts

Here's my method.

Scrub two sweet potatoes, prick them with a fork, and microwave until they're done. Let them cool. Cut them in half and scoop out the flesh. Mash. Add the sugar, oil, and egg replacement. Stir. Dump in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir. Add the vanilla and a splash of soymilk so you get the dough to be about the texture you like. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts.

Bake at 350 for 8 1/2 minutes on greased cookie sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home