dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, March 29, 2013

peace walk day six

No, I did not get arrested today.  I wanted to.  In the morning, at the sunrise ceremony led by a Native American Spiritual Person, I felt that I needed to do it, to get arrested for peace today.  But when the time came, my friends were crossing the line together, and I didn't cross with them.  They crossed in a group.  I wasn't ready.  I hadn't handed my stuff to Ming for safekeeping.  And then the moment passed.

I was telling Ming how Sacred Peace Walk this year was a very mixed experience for me.  There were really good and really bad moments.  I wasn't dazzled like last year, when everything was new and I didn't know what was going to happen.  Last year I was kind of knocked on my ass by everything, in a good way or mostly-good way.  This year I was mellower.  I was also struggling more socially this year.  I made some friends, but I kept some distance too. 

I want to thank everyone who made the Peace Walk possible for me through your donations.  I have thanked most of you individually already.  But I wanted to thank you here.  Thank you.

I'm even more sunburned than yesterday.  Ming's birthday is today.  He has received lots of good birthday wishes.  I baked him a cake.  It's probably almost cool now, and I need to frost it.

Happy good Friday!  Happy birthday, Ming!  I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home