dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, April 15, 2016

bad dog, good goats

Guess where I am now?  Clue: I have tater tots and they cost $3.

This morning we walked at Avila Beach.  I hate dogs!!!  A dog put its nose in my hand while I was walking.  I felt bumped.  The owner did not apologize.  Dogs are allowed on the beach until 10, but I think they're supposed to be leashed...

Then we went to the Barn and looked at non-dog animals.  "Do you think those are Eli and Emily?" I asked about the emus.  I wondered if the signs were overly old.

We fed carrot butts to baby goats, which was great.  "You win the cute award," I told a baby goat.  All four were amazingly cute.

Then we sampled fudge.  Then we bought strawberries, blueberries, and a muffin.  The blueberries were very expensive, but I think they're the best I've ever tasted.  I wonder if they're local.

My tots left little oily potato bits on the plate.  Ming wanted some then ate few.  Maybe I didn't make him feel welcome enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home