dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 15, 2007

my chili recipe

A couple months ago Erik bought a package of seitan at the Davis co-op, and we had never had seitan before. Yesterday Erik realized that the seitan was about to expire, and he asked me to cook it up, so I decided to make some chili, after the inspiration of the chili cookoff.

So I did, and it's first rate. I included a large onion chopped somewhat fine, dried garlic (all our fresh garlic was bad), a can of tomatoes, a can of black beans undrained (so then I didn't salt it), the chopped up seitan, and spices, including chili powder, cumino, and pepper. The seitan is kind of bland but has a nice meaty texture. The chili is addictive. It's initially delicious but then it gets more delicious as you eat it, like magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home