dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, October 12, 2008

but in my heart, it was so real

The topic of the day is terrorism. I thought the question, "Is the government capable of predicting and preventing terrorism?" to be a good one, but my talk partner Cathy in Ohio was too chatty, and we never got beyond having to be at the airport two hours early. She wanted to tell me about her sister who's a writer, and how she used to teach second grade, and how she teaches church preschool now and her granddaughter is in the class. I wanted to say how UCSB is considered a party school like her school was, but I kept trying to get a word in edgewise and couldn't.

I scored three and a half hours today. I worked again on that song I'm transcribing--I finished, but I need to proofread both the words and the notes, which will take a while. I'm in the middle of writing a letter to my friend H in town who sent me that 26 page letter the other day. I'm writing back in a little booklet I made, green and yellow, bound with pink embroidery thread.

We need bagels, fruit, soymilk. So a trip to Trader Joe's is in order. We also need water, so we'll go to Whole Foods too. (I am in favor of drinking tap water, but Erik is opposed. We have seven glass gallon jugs we get water in every week or so.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home