dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, October 18, 2008

dinner, among other things

Today I got a call from the mother of the friend I was helping yesterday. She is so nice--I can't describe to you how nice she is. She thanked me a lot. The friend is in the hospital now and should be safe. If the hospital is doing its job, she should be safe.

Today after I got that phone call I felt like pacing, so we went for a walk, and a bee was very attracted to Erik. It crawled on his neck and kept following him as we walked down the road. It was scary. But Erik kept his wits about him and didn't bat at it like I might have. And eventually the bee figured out that Erik isn't a flower. It was big like a bumble bee but not black.

Tonight we went to dinner at Gaylord's India Restaurant, the one voted best Indian food in Sacramento. It was really good. It was so rich that I couldn't eat very much. We got malai kofta and bangan bartha and shared. It was kind of expensive, but we liked it. Oh, we also got veggie samosas. They were perfect. Pastry-wise, I think they were the best samosas I've ever had.

Choir practice was fine. Call of the day was fine. I got a nice woman in New York named Rhonda. Yesterday was a nice woman in San Jose named Sandy. Rhonda and I talked about airline security for about four minutes and then talked about other stuff the rest of the time. She and I both once lived in Santa Barbara, so we talked about that.

Today I got a zine in the mail, the new Juniper by Dan Murphy. I can't read it yet, though, because I'm not letting myself read anything until after I'm done with the Zine World reviews.

Remember how I said I would be done SAT scoring today? Well, my prompt is behind. Anxious face. So I don't know how long it will go until. Tuesday?

Meanwhile, Erik is hiking tomorrow with his friend T. They're going north to Bidwell Park probably. Tomorrow for the first time the Jesus song will be sung during worship, so I'm thinking of going for that, but on the other hand, I should stay home and score.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home