dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, October 17, 2008

downtrodden

Today was a mess. In the morning I spent hours helping a friend with mental illness problems. I didn't get much scoring done. I was stressed and got exhausted. This evening we went for a walk, and I had no energy. I was doing so well, but now I'm having a hard time keeping it together. Project's supposed to score out tomorrow. I got my minimum hours in, and my stats are okay, so I should be fine.

I got a new flavor of soy yogurt from Whole Foods the other day: Cinnamon Bun. I tried it this morning. It had the texture and color of cold gravy. It didn't taste much better than it looked. But it's always good to try something new.

Erik's been missing a lot of papers and getting really upset and worried. We have no semblance of job security--we're hired month to month. So he's worried about getting kicked off the list. Then what would we do? He would have to go back to the grading factory. But they have less and less work to offer. They're going down.

I don't think I mentioned that the other day I got a stack of zines in the mail from Zine World to review. The responsibility weighs heavily upon me. Hopefully when the project scores out tomorrow, I'll have a renaissance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home