Saturday, November 30, 2013
Friday, November 29, 2013
orange crush and plum
2. ahead on pretend novel and set to "win"
3. banana bread
4. binding zines
5. birthday surprise
Thursday, November 28, 2013
2. potato leek soup
4. buying ingredients to use in recipes in order to not waste other ingredients
5. oh, and Thanksgiving
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
really liked the tapestries
2. green designs on purple nail polish
3. baby goats
5. free museum in SLO
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
yesterday in a nutshell
2. park day
3. Cafe Noir
4. fish tank gazing
5. pecan pie ice cream
Monday, November 25, 2013
holy, holy, holy
2. more collards
3. Oso Flaco walk to the beach
4. sand dollars with barnacles
Sunday, November 24, 2013
2. pier walk: pelicans, fish, blue crab, ruined viewin'
3. AG farmers market: chips and tomatillo salsa, satsumas, bridge fear
4. collard greens from home, chocolate pudding, pretend ice cream
5. still behind on book but might catch up?
Saturday, November 23, 2013
2. then a good drive to our destination
3. stopped at a Denny's in Morgan Hill where Ming had a Hobbit-themed meal
4. behind on pretend novel--oops!
5. sweet potato breakfast
Friday, November 22, 2013
all punks got
I have new zines out--functionally ill 17 and hat genius 4. I ordered bookbinding thread in the mail and am having it delivered to the place we're going.
Well, remember: never drive faster than your angel can fly, buckle up because it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car, and all we got is each other.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
2. free breakfast
3. photocopies in Elk Grove
4. prepared mailing at church
5. tea with Swami
That doesn't sound like much, does it? But it was actually a lot.
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
vegan mac and cheese realized
vegan mac and cheese
Monday, November 18, 2013
We have a blender we'd never used that our friend P gave us when I wanted to make some fake cheese with cashews. So we used that to blend up the beans.
To make a long story short, they were a failure. They never cooked. The blogger said they'd be fudgey in the middle, but this is just raw. We cooked them more than ten minutes beyond the suggested baking time.
Oh well. I ate two with a spoon. Sadness.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Taking the train was going to cost us $116 buying the tickets the day before. We could have gotten them half that if we had ordered three days ahead.
So now we have an open day to get some stuff done.
Yesterday at Jagadhatri puja we got four huge Olema apples, and I ate one yesterday. It was one of the most delicious apples I have ever tasted, not too sweet, very hard. But it had a stickiness to the outside that I didn't understand. Are some apple skins just sticky?
Googled "Olema apples" and got a ton of hits for Robert Hass's book of poems The Apple Trees at Olema. Nothing about the apples. Oh well.
Saturday, November 16, 2013
three bad things
It's football day. It's loud from the high school. I wish football season would end.
At church lunch, I heard someone say something about "another dry winter" this year.
And that's me, full of complaints.
Friday, November 15, 2013
What's going to get hard is if we travel for Thanksgiving and I have to skip days and catch up.
We take BOB to the shop on Monday morning. We'll see what they say. I'm curious whether BOB's problems are something that can be fixed or if it's time to say goodbye. Right now it's running rough but running. And it starts, but it takes three or four tries.
So wish BOB luck or pray for it, if you pray for trucks.
Thursday, November 14, 2013
1. weed bed four
2. cut back white chard in bed five
3. plant rosemary in bed six by the lemon verbena
4. plant leeks bed four
5. bunny poop tea bed four
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
three good things
I have a draft of hat genius 4. It's sad, though. I think for the cover I'll use a drawing of Ming that I made a couple weeks ago. It's a really strange drawing.
Today I forgot to send or failed to send a lot of mail. Not one person has ordered girl holding onto my legs yet. So I'm sending some out to poet friends.
Monday, November 11, 2013
Yesterday I roasted about ten poblano chiles ranging in size from small to medium. Remember the red one? I photographed it a while back. It didn't roast--it just burned. I don't know why such a different kind of chile got on the same plant with the others. Very mysterious.
Day before yesterday the landlord came around. He said the garden out back looks bad and we need to clean it up. I want to do some weeding. Last night in my dream there were pumpkins hiding under the weeds.
I'm at 16,794 words on my pretend novel. It's going well, and I'm on track for finishing.
Sunday, November 10, 2013
Saturday, November 09, 2013
lying on tum
Friday, November 08, 2013
girl holding onto my legs
Thursday, November 07, 2013
2. roasted root veggies
3. made vegan split pea soup in Ming's crockpot
4. visited Battery Bill--they said BOB does not need a new battery
5. bought some new Plan-it-x music
package of organic split peas
five cloves garlic pressed
two chopped carrots
veggie bullion cube
Check peas for rocks. Put everything in the pot and cook for several hours. Eat with joy.
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
best rap lyrics ever
who feed them locally-grown farmer's market cart carrots,
I eat fair trade cheese and fart fairness.
--Open Mike Eagle
2. Yesterday we went to Pushkin's Bakery. It's a gluten-free place. We got vegan cupcakes--they were $3.25 each. Yikes! I had the barracuda, which is all chocolate. Ming had the espresso. They were good. But I'm wondering what they use instead of wheat flour. I should have asked. But I don't know if we'll go back. The worker there did not know gelatin is not vegetarian.
3. I have been annoyed.
4. But I met my word goal again today. I'm at more than 10,000 words, which I would like to celebrate. But I don't know how.
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
2. neighbor and Ming looked at BOB and came to some conclusions
3. oil change survived
4. vegan cupcakes from Pushkin's Bakery
5. multiple walks
Looks like I'm into making lists for November. I met my word goal again today. I'm at 8,961 words.
Saute half a diced onion and some garlic in olive oil. Add a few handfuls of chopped, de-veined collard greens. Add half a bag of Trader Joe's mushrooms. Saute with some smoked paprika until everything's done. Add two cups of precooked rice. Add the juice of half a lemon, some soy sauce, and a few shakes of sesame oil.
Some interesting flavors. This is not the best lunch I've ever made, but it was delicious.
Monday, November 04, 2013
getting stuff done
2. picked up prescriptions
3. mailed bassoon books
4. phone called places
5. free breakfast
All in all, a good day, and it's only 12:15.
Sunday, November 03, 2013
Saturday, November 02, 2013
Ming: I find it very difficult because how do you know when you're done? It's like sweeping a dirt floor.
five things for today
2. bra shopping for pink bras
3. Kali puja tonight
4. got garlic
5. nice emails from bestie and Mom
Friday, November 01, 2013
vegan candy corn